- Aguilar, F. V. (1992). Phantoms of Capitalism and Sugar Production Relations in a Colonial Philippine Island [Doctoral dissertation, Cornell University].
- Aguilar, F. V. (1998). Clash of spirits: The history of power and sugar planter hegemony on a Visayan island. University of Hawaii Press.
- Aguilar, F. V. (2013). The fulcrum of structure-agency: History and sociology of sugar haciendas in colonial Negros. Philippine Sociological Review, 61(1), 87-122.
- Billig, M. S. (1993). Syrup in the wheels of progress: The inefficient organization of the Philippine sugar industry. Journal of Southeast Asian Studies, 24(1), 122-147.
- Billig, M. S. (2003). Barons, brokers and buyers: The institutions and cultures of Philippine sugar. University of Hawaii Press.
- Henares, I. A. S. (2022, August 28-September 3). Gathering community support for an industrial heritage trail: the Negros Island Sugar Heritage Trail in the Philippines [Paper presentation]. XVIII TICCIH International Congress «Industrial Heritage Reloaded», Montreal, Canada.
- Henares, I. A. S. and Mansinares, C. C. (2021, December 7-11). Reviving industrial heritage in Western Visayas: Advancing critical inquiries in sugar heritage to decolonize Visayan identity [Paper presentation]. Anthropologies of (De)Colonization and Beyond | 43rd Annual Conference of the Ugnayang Pang-AghamTao, Inc.
- Larkin, J. A. (1993). Sugar and the origins of modern Philippine society. University of California Press.
- Nagano, Y. (1982). Formation of Sugarlandia in the late 19th century Negros: Origin of underdevelopment in the Philippines. Research and Working Papers Series No. 32. Third World Studies Program, University of the Philippines.
- Nagano, Y. (1983). Sugar centrals and haciendas in the 1930s Philippines. Journal of History, 28(1-2).
- Nesom, G. E. and Walker, H. S. (1912). Handbook on the sugar industry of the Philippine Islands. Department of Public Instruction, Bureau of Agriculture.
- Quirino, C. (1974). History of the Philippine sugar industry.
- Zulueta, J. B. (Ed.) (2019). Victorious. Victorias Milling Company, Inc. ISBN 978-621-96015-1-1.
- Avila, R. C. (2021). Public works and the Spanish colonial agenda of sanitation, order, and social control in the late eighteenth-century to nineteenth-century Manila [Doctoral dissertation, Universidad Complutense de Madrid].
- Noche, M. M. L. D. C. (2005). Lonely sentinels of the sea: The Spanish lighthouses in the Philippines. University of Santo Tomas Publishing House.
- Noche, M. M. L. D. C. (2011). Puentes de España en las Filipinas: The Spanish colonial bridges in the Philippines. University of Santo Tomas Publishing House.
- Sembrano, E. A. M. (2017). Presa: A preliminary documentation on Spanish colonial dams in the provinces of Cavite and Laguna, 1745-1898 [Master’s thesis, University of Santo Tomas].
- Sembrano, E. A. M. (2019). Not a church, not a fort, not a bahay na bato, not a municipio: Other forms of infrastructure built in the Spanish Philippines. The Journal of History 65(1).
- Sembrano, E. A. M. (2020) Paurungan: the Spanish colonial irrigation systems in Dasmarinas, Cavite, 1780-1882. UP Los Banos Journal 18(2).
- Sembrano, E. A. M. (2022). The Spanish colonial dams of Cavite Province, the Philippines [Case study]. Asian Network of Industrial Heritage.
- University of the Philippines, Diliman. The Mass Transit System in Metro Manila: From Tranvia to MRT, 1879-2014.